RE: Matrix Stiffness Method with Spreads

Trip Howard wrote:

. > I think this method could also be used for continuous beams, but I havn't
. > tried to do that yet.

A continuous beam is nothing more than a series of simply supported beams
with continuity end moments.  If you can calculate deflections in a simply
supported beam, you can calculate deflections in any span of a continuous
beam by taking a FBD of that span.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona