Re: Lateral Load on Pile Program

Thanks for the response David, I appreciate your point of view.

Now, back to my original question and which David touches on, has anybody had experience with the COM624P software developed by FHWA?

Rich

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 14:50:04 -0400 "M. David Finley, P.E." <pec(--nospam--at)isgroup.net> writes:

Richard,

There is not just "a" FDOT program.  While some of their programs do use the Broms method, they also have some others available.
Without trying to be snitty, if he is unwilling to put forth the effort to check them out, well... enough said.

M. David Finley, P.E.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2003 2:13 PM
Subject: Re: Lateral Load on Pile Program

The geotech doesn't have this program and has asked me if I did and would I run the analysis for him.

He told me the FDOT program is the "Modified Broms Method"  He said that was good for preliminary design but not for final design.  I guess the drilled pier he has goes through several strata of soil and the FDOT program assumes one soil type.

Rich