From: richard lewis [mailto:rlewistx(--nospam--at)juno.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2003 1:31 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Lateral Load on Pile Program

Has anybody had experience using the COM624P software developed by FHWA?  I have a geotech engineer who needs moments and shears on a laterally loaded pile and I was wondering if this program has worked well for others.  It is a lot cheaper than LPILE but as the old adage goes, "you get what you pay for".  Anybody like the program?  Or are there better programs available?

Thanks.

Rich