RE: Matrix Stiffness Method with Spreads

Thanks Roger.  I thought it could be done.  I plan on updating the spreadsheet in the near future, first to allow either end to be fixed, then maybe allow a cantilever, and finally to add continuous spans.  It's really pretty amazing what you can accomplish with excel.  I use it for almost everything I calculate.  I really prefer making the spreadsheets myself over using some canned software like Enercalc.  By the time I'm finished creating a spreadsheet, and going through all the variables and options available to solve a problem, I've just given myself a pretty good education on the subject.  Great way to learn the in's and out's of a subject.

Tripp Howard, P.E.