Re: Oil Drilling Pipe

Richard,

        I can only speculate that it would be A53 Grade B, which would have a
yield strength of 38,000 p.s.i.; but it could be almost anything; only The
Shadow knows.  You have two choices: get it tested; or use a slightly higher
safety factor to accommodate the unknown.  Make that three choices; your
client may be able to trace it back to the original purchase if you can rely
on word of mouth information.

        If it were up to me I would use a slightly higher safety factor for
my calculations then, only if that didn't work out in my favour, would I
spend money on testing.

Regards,

H. Daryl Richardson