RE: Tack Welds

Title: Message
>I am preparing to state that a 1/8" diameter tack weld is
>basically worthless from a structural engineering perspective.
>However, it sure would be nice to find something in writing
>to back this up!

As others have commented, all technical references will not give you any credit for the strength of such small, short welds. To ensure you have proper back-up, I suggest you contact the weld tech center at Lincoln Electric. They can either give you the proof or show you what can be done. Their phone number is 1.800.833.9353. Ask for the weld tech center.

Charlie