Re: Technical Peer Review Survey

Stuart,

        The Province of British Columbia, Canada, has a formal requirement for a full formal pear review for all STRUCTURAL engineering projects.  B.C. is to my knowledge, the only jurisdiction in Canada which formally separates Structural Engineering from Civil Engineering.  They have a web site at
www.apeg.bc.ca.  I'm sure they will be happy to share whatever they have with you.

Regards,

H. Daryl Richardson

"Stuart, Matthew" wrote:

One of my interests within the industry is Technical Peer Reviews (TPR). Currently I am in the process of putting together a paper on this subject for the ASCE Journal of Professional Issues in Engineering Education and Practice. Most of my efforts right now are being put towards gathering as much input as I can from consultants, the insurance industry (like DPIC and SERMC), industry organizations (like CASE, etc.) and governing bodies (like the Mass. Building Code) in order to develop a good overview of the subject.I have put together a survey in an effort to get part of the process started.The online version of the survey has been posted to the SEA of Alabama Web Site (http://www.seaoal.com/) through the efforts of Michelle Ballew of Christy Cobb Consulting Engineers of Birmingham, Alabama. Please take a few minutes of your time to fill out the survey.

Thank you for your assistance.

D. Matthew Stuart, P.E., S.E., P.Eng.

Senior Project Manager

Manalapan Structural Department