RE: 10/lw factor....why can't we get along?

I heard the rumor that they will be the same, but will charge you
$150.00 for a five page conversion of the section numbers :>) Just
kidding!!!

BTW, I am thinking of writing my own code for low-rise light-framing. It
will be placed in public domain and will be available by all
professionals who are sick and tired of the ambiguities shoved down our
professional vocal chords in the existing UBC. This all started (and
continued) with the lack of interest of the SEAOC Seismology Committee
from responding to the questions related to intent of the code
methodology (including the 10/Lw issues which was never intended for
low-rise light-framed structures that rarely have interior shearwalls
even close to 10/Lw ratios. Since these seemingly so unimportant
concerns surrounding light-framing  have fallen on deaf ears so we might
as well write our own code and establish a standard of professional
practice that can hold up in a court of law (we may have to buy off one
of the Chief justices in the process but this will be a very cost saving
thing to do for the public who wish to buy and remodel a home
constructed to full-compliance (whatever that is) methods. Okay - don't
jump down my throat I know of all these fine upstanding volunteers that
make code writing possible and admire their dedication to trying to stop
a three ton snowball from running downhill!

Sincerely,
Dennis S. Wish, PE
California Professional Engineer
Structural Engineering Consultant