RE: Hong Kong Building Codes

Peter,

Thanks for your help.  I did fish through that site, the buildings, CE, and
housing Authorities Departments.  I was not able to locate a document with
explicit codes to follow or the actual city code itself.  I found it too
cumbersome for the time being.  Do you happen to recall more of a specific
location for this information?

|---------+--------------------------->
|         |           "Peter James"   |
|         |           <p.james@novatec|
|         |           h-eng.com>      |
|         |                           |
|         |           06/24/2003 09:47|
|         |           AM              |
|         |           Please respond  |
|         |           to seaint       |
|         |                           |
|---------+--------------------------->
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                |
  |        To:      <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>                                                                            |
  |        cc:                                                                                                     |
  |        Subject: RE: Hong Kong Building Codes                                                                   |

Eugene:

The Government of Hong Kong has an extensive website. If you start here it
won't take long to find what you want:

http://www.gov.hk/sitemap.htm

Structural Engineering is a well-recognized profession in Hong Kong - there
are many members of the UK IStructE there, and there are reciprocal
qualification agreements between IStructE and HKIE.

Peter James