Re: 10/lw factor....why can't we get along?

Scott stated:
>Thus, in theory, the IBC and NFPA structural provisions should be nearly
>identical.  Now, the other parts of the codes might still be messy, but we
>just let the mechanical engineers, electrical engineers and architects
>worry about that!! ;-)

Easier said than done.  Maybe the main codes will be the same but what
about the Testing and Inspection provisions as well as the administrative
provisions.  We will find quite a number of interesting impacts.

In addition if the NFPA provisions are implemented what will replace the
ICBO approvals that we regularly use.  I doubt that many manufacturers will
pay to get their products reviewed just for use in California.

Mark Gilligan