RE: 10/lw factor....why can't we get along?

> In addition if the NFPA provisions are implemented what will
> replace the
> ICBO approvals that we regularly use.  I doubt that many
> manufacturers will
> pay to get their products reviewed just for use in California.
>
> Mark Gilligan

Don't be so naive.  Given the HUGE construction market in California, I can
almost guarantee you that there will be plenty of manufactures who will get
their products reviewed "just for California".  I think there is a
legitimate debate on the pros and cons of California adopting the NFPA 5000
vs the IBC, but product evaluation reports (or lack thereof) isn't one of
them.

Tom
Thomas D. Skaggs, Ph.D., P.E.
Senior Engineer