RE: gunite pool

Roger,

While I am NO WHERE near a concrete materials expert (you put water in
concrete right? <grin>), I do believe that there is an issue with concrete
when it relates to sulfates.  I don't believe concrete would have problem
with good old regular sulfur (which I believe would be rather inert...at
least relatively speaking).  Thus, when you do sulfur caps for cylinder
testing there is no problem.

Besides, I believe the issue better sulfates and concrete is a long term
issue.  If so, then the short period of time that a sulfur cap in placed
on a concrete cylinder would not affect it (caps are generally done with a
rather short period of time relative to the time the cylinder will be
crushed...at least that was the case when I did my cylinder tests while
doing research in grad school).

HTH,

Scott
Ypsilanti, MI