Re: 10/lw factor....why can't we get along?

I would suggest that for those jurisdictions that may be considering
adopting a different body of codes, i.e. NFPA over IBC/UBC, a thorough
review of the proposed code in it entirety by the design community to
ensure that there are not any hidden ringers elsewhere in the code that
may be a problem.  I understand based on articles in some of the
engineering publications that NFPA may have some stipulations in
"non-structural" sections that have major implications to the sections
we would commonly use.  So far I have only reviewed the draft proposal
for the NFPA 5000.  There are some serious vested interests pushing for
the adoption of the NFPA at least in this state.

--
Forrest T. Braun, P.E.