RE: ICBO Approvals - was why can't we get along

Gail:

ICBO reports are the only way to figure some things meet code intent.
Examples: wood power driven fastener diameters for wood shearwalls and wood
diaphragms that are not in the code, wood sandwich panels for racking shear,
epoxy anchors for tension connections off a fire rated floor. There are many
items that you would require it on.

They serve their purpose.  They give an overloaded building official the
ability to quickly determine the suitability of a product for an application
without requiring a lengthy review to check other independent testing.  The
B.O. counts on the report that the product was independently third party
tested.

Respectfully,

Scott Haan P.E.
Chief of Building Inspections