Rebar tie spacing

Are there any industry standards regarding spacing of wire ties for rebar
placing? CRSI's suggested specification states "Bars shall be securely tied
to prevent displacement." I have a field inspector who feels that some rebar
placing is not being tied as well as he is used to, but we can't find any
industry standards which might define this more clearly.

William C. Sherman, PE
CDM, Denver, CO
Phone: 303-298-1311
Fax: 303-293-8236