Re: ICBO Approvals - was why can't we get along

Gail:

I don't know when the ICBO ES reports system was started, but I've used them for over thirty years.   The ICC Evaluation Service lists up to 6,182 current reports.  I suggest that you visit their website:  http://www.icbo.org/ICBO_ES/Evaluation_Reports/es-list.html

Stating that they are only used in California isn't accurate.  I do work in many states, including Florida, and they are accepted there by some organizations.  They are similar to ISO reports and I sure that you are familiar with them.

By the way, are you a member if ICBO?  If you are, then you would be familiar with their publication "building standards" or have you seen their index of current reports?

And please do read them.  I've found some with mistakes.

Neil Moore, S.E.
neil moore and associates