From: GSKWY(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:GSKWY(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2003 7:42 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: ICBO Approvals - was why can't we get along

My question was somewhat hypothetical - I actually do believe in independent third party testing, and for that matter I do not think certifying post-tensioning anchorages is a bad idea.

However,  I think users of such reports have a duty to actually read them, or at least the beginning part where it describes the system, to ensure that the system proposed is the same as the system certified.   I am not sure this is always the case.

I have never heard of anywhere except California requiring ICBO ES reports, but I guess that will change with the spread of the IBC.

Gail Kelley