Re: ICBO Approvals - was why can't we get along

In a message dated 6/26/2003 10:54:07 PM Eastern Daylight Time, JPRh(--nospam--at)pge.com writes:

but I would think that progressive building departments where the extreme phenomena are expected would require them.

DC does not have a building department,  thus it does not have to worry about being progressive.  Extreme phenomena are addressed by placing anti-aircraft guns on the mall.

In jurisdictions where ICBO reports are required,  who decides which components are required to have ES reports.  The building official reviewing the plans?  (We don't have building officials in DC.)

I have only seen jurisdications in California require them for post-tensioning anchors.  In other places,  they may be required by the project specifications,  but no one seems to check to see if they are actually submitted.  Are they required to be submitted in Florida?

If one feels there is a mistake in an ICBO report,  what does one do?  Is there a way to submit a query to ICBO?

Gail Kelley