RE: Frank Lloyd Wright

There was a good article in Scientific American about FLW and the
problems with FW a while back.  Reportedly, when the issue of the
cantilevers came up and someone proposed adding more top bars, FLW
insisted they weren't needed, wrote a letter to the owner about trusting
him, and furthermore FLW claimed that the additional WEIGHT of the
proposed bars could be a problem.  Hindsight is 20-20 and "designer's
pride" is difficult to overcome, but his assertion about the weight of the
bars seems rather odd...to say the least.

Dave Evans, P.E.
TNH, Inc.