Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: icf walls[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Re: icf walls
- From: "Thor Tandy" <vicpeng(--nospam--at)telus.net>
- Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 14:03:04 -0700
I've used them on several projects and they seem to have worked OK up to two storeys.
My biggest concern is the completeness of concrete filling, especially on the 6" walls, where we have experienced some honeycombing and incomplete vibration near the base of the wall. Good concrete placing habits are a must. Some building inspectors have expressed concerns about effective water proofing. That has happened in areas with poor concrete consolidation. One must rely on the forms for proofing unless another membrane is attached (probably not the greatest of ideas). Repair requires removal of the forms etc.
Thor A. Tandy P.Eng MIPENZ
----- Original Message -----
- icf walls
- From: Mark Baker
- icf walls
- Prev by Subject: icf walls
- Next by Subject: Importing SAP2000 file into STAAD
- Previous by thread: icf walls
- Next by thread: bouncy existing floor joists