Unusual precast wall panels

Steve,

Have you tried searching the U. S. Patent Office files?  I believe that it
would be under classification, D25, Building units ... if it had been
patented.

(For patents before 1970, you have to search using "classification.")

HTH

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Steve Privett wrote:

. > Today I observed a one story single family residence with perimeter and
. > interior walls constructed of precast panels.  The panels, for the most
. > part, are 39" wide and 20" high.  Two panels are nestled together to
. > create an overall wall thickness of approximately 4 ½".  When viewed
. > from either side, the panels are laid up in a stack bond pattern, but
. > the joints are offset on opposing faces of the wall.  The individual
. > panels have ribs at the 20" ends and a pair of ribs at the center, also
. > running the 20".   When nestled together, a wall similar to a CMU wall
. > exists with full height voids between the ribs with an outside shell of
. > approximately 1 inch.

. > I could go into more detail on the construction, but I'm looking for
. > information on the history of this system.  Has anyone seen such
. > construction?  Can you point me to some background info on the method of
. > construction?  The original building permit referred to it as an economy
. > concrete residence.