Re: Frank Lloyd Wright

They did require fsp (fairly small people) who didn't mind leaky buildings. Here in Marin Co. one of his last works looks like the Palace of Ming the Merciless from Flash Gordon. Some love it & some hate it, but we all agreed that it leaked a lot of water. For me, handsome is as handsome does. If they weren't functional, leaked water, & were structurally dubious-- I'm less impressed with how well they photograph.
Chuck Utzman,P.E.
da wrote:

Many Architects think Frank Lloyd Wright was a true visionary

add one engineer to that list, me...

who could do no wrong.

careful with generalizations...

What is your opinion of him

as a person, not that great - some people found him downright unbearable and
his family life was somewhat messed up too (i'm not casting stones, glass
house)

and his accomplishments?

who can honestly deny his affect on modern american architecture?  sure
there were european movements happening (bauhaus, le corbusier, et al) but
flw was pretty much a pioneer...

let's put it this way, i don't think his structures required fea

da