Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
bouncy existing floor joists[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: bouncy existing floor joists
- From: "D.A." <dnae(--nospam--at)cox.net>
- Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 19:20:59 -0700
I have A problem A custom home built in 1980's with 2x10 floor joist at 12" on center
it spans 18 feet long the floor has 1 1/2" light weight concrete
the owner try to remodel and want to stiffen the floor system because is very bouncy
and vibrating even it has dry wall at bottom
so the dry wall pulled off and just added 1 3/4 x 91/4 PSL 2.0 E. at 12' on center .
no dry wall added yet and the floor still bouncy and vibrating
1- is it possible after adding the dry wall will be ok
2- what other solution can be done without adding beams or increase the depth of floor joists
because adding a beam will be deeper and too big due to long span where possible to
3- is it adding steel tube joist at 24" will solve the problem
thank in advance for any advice
Dave A. P.E.
- Prev by Subject: BOLT TORQUE/TENSION RELATIONSHIP
- Next by Subject: bouncy existing floor joists
- Previous by thread: Re: icf walls
- Next by thread: bouncy existing floor joists