RE: Frank Lloyd Wright

One of today's FLW is Frank Gehry.

There was an interesting piece on NPR March 10, 2003.  A $61 million 5-story
Gehry building on Case Western Reserve campus is having problems with ice
build-up.  Local architects claim that they were aware of this design issue,
and were not very sympathetic to the problem.  The university still holds
the building as an architectural masterpiece, and if I recall correctly has
attempted to resolve the problems.

http://discover.npr.org/features/feature.jhtml?wfId=1187549

So, is there a case where a building or bridge was classified as an
"engineering masterpiece" and still have serviceability issues.  The leaning
tower of Pisa doesn't count.  Or to phrase the question in another way, Can
one be a great architect or engineer and have buildings/bridges with nagging
non-structural problems.

Tom