RE: masonry infill in concrete frame

Dave,

Let me just say this about lateral load modeling of infill
walls.......plan on spending some time & effort (and make sure you get
adquately compensated).  You have your choice between macro models
(equivalent strut) or micro models (finite element).  Each with either
particular limitations or obvious complexities.  Here are some
references for you:

"Analytical Modelling of Infilled Frame Structures - A General Review",
Crisafulli, Carr & Park, Bulletin of the New Zealand Society for
Earthquake Engineering, Vol. 33, No. 1, March 2000

"Modeling of Masonry Infill Panels for Structural Analysis", Madan,
Reinhorn, Mander, Valles. Journal of Structural Engineering, October
1997.

"Seismic Design and Anaylsis of Masonry-Infilled Frames", Kodur, Erki
and Quenneville. Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering, 22:576-587
(1995)

Chapter 7, FEMA 356, Seismic Rehabilitation Prestandard, November 2000.

Hope this stuff helps...and good luck....

Robert C. Rogers, PE