From: John Nader [mailto:johnenader(--nospam--at)msn.com]
Sent: Sunday, June 29, 2003 12:23 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Confined anchor bolts

I am trying to find an example on how to calculate the confined anchor bolts
in uplift.  I have a steel column bearing on a pedestal.  The anchor bolts
extend 2 feet in the reinforced pedestal.

I used The Pci Design Handbook with free edges on 4 sides.  But the values I
am getting are not meeting the uplift.  I need help from the ties.

Thanks in advance for your input.

John.

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.