RE: Concrete Reinforcing Choices

I downloaded the ICBO report last week.

This is a good example of where there is some confusion as to the usage of
ICBO ES reports (or now "ICC-ES" reports). I don't think that the ES reports
technically have any "legal status" but a building official certainly could
question a design based on the findings. But if an engineer researches the
application adequately, can the recommendations of an ES report be ignored?

William C. Sherman, PE
CDM, Denver, CO
Phone: 303-298-1311
Fax: 303-293-8236