Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: light extrior wall

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

What you are describing is 'damage limiting construction'. Two industry standards that will help get you started and guide you are as follows.

NFPA 68 "Guide for Venting Deflagrations"

FMEC (Factory Mutual Engineering Corp.), Loss Prevention Data Section 1-44, "Damage Limiting Construction"

You probably should check with your client to find out which one of these will be recognized by their insurance carrier.

Walt Sawruk
Senior Consultant
ABS Consulting
Shillington, PA

At 09:45 PM 30-06-03 -0700, you wrote:
<?xml:namespace prefix="v" /><?xml:namespace prefix="o" />
I am designing a mechanical room. We are required to provide a pressure relief wall openings which will blow out when the pressure reaches 20 psf. The wall cannot be heavier than 3 psf. Have any one been thru this before?

Thanks in advance for your help.


******* ****** ******* ******** ******* ******* ******* ***
*   Read list FAQ at:
* * This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers * Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To * subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at) Remember, any email you * send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted * without your permission. Make sure you visit our web * site at: ******* ****** ****** ****** ******* ****** ****** ********