Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Heavy Hex Nuts[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Heavy Hex Nuts
- From: "M. David Finley, P.E." <pec(--nospam--at)isgroup.net>
- Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 09:15:23 -0400
We specified ASTM A563 Grade A Heavy Hex Nuts for the anchor bolts of an overhead sign structure and the fabricator is showing Grade DH (still A563 Heavy Hex) on their shop drawings. I've looked through the ASTM spec. to verify that the proof load for the Grade DH nuts exceeds the Grade A requirements. Am I possibly missing something regarding chemical composition or hardness that would affect performance? The nuts will be galvanized and the anchor bolts are ASTM F1554, Grade 55.
M. David Finley, P.E.
2086 SW Main Boulevard - Suite 111
Lake City, FL 32025
- Prev by Subject: RE: Hardy Frames
- Next by Subject: Re: Heavy Hex Nuts
- Previous by thread: Re: light extrior wall
- Next by thread: Re: Heavy Hex Nuts