From: Roger Turk [mailto:73527.1356(--nospam--at)compuserve.com]
Sent: Monday, June 30, 2003 6:05 PM
To: SEAOC Listservice
Subject: CAUTION: ASCE Order Confirmation

I just received an ASCE "Order Confirmation" which appears to have a
virus script attached disguised as an .xls spreadsheet:

   "BEAM(space)LIST(dot)xls(dot)scr"

The words in parentheses replace the symbols they represent.  The actual
message with partial header follows.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

. >  #: 85290 S0/CompuServe Mail  [MAIL]
. >      30-Jun-03 14:35 MST
. >  Sb: ASCE Order Confirmation
. >  Fm: INTERNET:webful(--nospam--at)hcarchitects.com
. >  To: Roger Turk [73527,1356]

. > Contents:

. >  1 Internet Message Header
. >  2 <no topic> * Binary *

. > From: webful(--nospam--at)hcarchitects.com
. > Subject:  ASCE Order Confirmation
. > To: undisclosed-recipients:;

. > Thank you for placing an order with the American Society of Civil
. > Engineers.

. > Please save this email as confirmation of your order.

. > BOOK ORDERS: Your total charge will include $4.00 for the first book, and . > $2.00 for each additional book. U.S. orders are shipped Standard Ground

. > (7-10 business days), and International orders are shipped Expedited
. > Surface (15-28 days). Due to a high volume of orders, non-rush orders are
. > currently experiencing a

. > ===================== End Part 1 / Begin Part 2 ========================== . > Format: BINARY FILE
. > Name:   [See above]

. > % Part 2 is binary