From: Andrew Kester [mailto:andrew(--nospam--at)baeonline.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2003 9:42 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: anchor bolts/ deck collapse

Emery:

ACI 318-02 fully covers bolt groups as well as individual bolts, via the
use
of An and Ano. I would review the appendix again.

"I have recently tried the ACI 318-02 appendix D values to design
connections to concrete using "Nelson Studs".  I have the PCA Notes
tables, but these seem to be for single connectors only.  Are there
other useful design aids for groups of studs/anchors?"

Emery Ojala, PE, SE