Re: deck collapse

>I am sorry, but I cannot accept that this was just some horrible accident.
The fact that there was no permit taken out tells the tale, I think,
unless there is evidence of environmental damage. I looked at a failed
balcony once that dropped under pretty much the same circumstances. In
that case the building maintenance had clearly been neglected and the
connections broke when the wood started to deteriorate.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw