Re: Professional's Survival Guide Seminar

Neil:

The one I thought was funny and dangerous at the same time was a deflection calc on a 2x14 and he spec that camber for the joist.  Funny one
Same job moment frame  at garage door opening 15" high, wood post and beam with post caps and CB bases.  I told the plan checker of the danger and he said he did not care it was wet stamped.
It is good that California requires the additional seismic portion on the Civil test to try and stop this stupidity from happening.

Joe Venuti

Johnson & Nielsen Associates
Palm Springs,  CA