Lateral Seismic Loads on Piles

I am having trouble finding out how seismic lateral loads on piles or
drilled piers are analyzed.  With the new IBC most of the country now has
to learn seismic design.  We're not used to it out in the midwest.  There
doesn't seem to be much information about seismic loads in piles/piers.
How are all you engineers on the west coast analyzing lateral loads on
piles/piers?  I have researched COM624, LPILE and AllPile.  They all tend
to shy away from stating their program can analyze seismic lateral loads.
 What software do you use?

I was thinking about using cyclic loading with one of these programs but
they say that is not applicable.  Cyclic loading is okay for waves and
wind because they are slower load applications.  They high frequency
seismic load behaves differently.  One other puzzle is that we use
equivalent static loads for seismic design.  Would a static run on COM624
be a rational analysis?

Thanks for your help.

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!