Re: deck collapse, part IX

Christopher,

Ah, but supposedly there may be a crime here in this case.  And since you
appeared to have made some judgements about the owner (without all the
facts and before the trial), that would in essence means that you would
likely have just disqualified yourself from the jury pool.

Besides, while from a purely techinical perspective, you are correct in
the such a principle as "innocent until proven guilty" is something
reserved for criminal trials, I personally believe that it is a
fundamental belief/tenent of our way of life here in the U.S.  To me, it
goes beyond jsut the technical application as one of the core beliefs
inherent in the broader belief of freedom, especially since you and I and
the result of the public are supposed to be the "government" here.  But,
then that is just what I believe and I am also just a naive, smuck.  ;-)

HTH,

Scott
Ypsilanti, MI