Favorite Calculator Bites the Dust

Hi.

My dearly beloved Casio FX-850 has finally gone to calculator heaven (taking everything with it!)  But I won't hold that against it.

If any paleocalcuologists remember this machine they might be able to guide me to an equivalent modern programmable calculator.  Or am I showing my age?  This machine used to do all my "hand" calcs and I deigned to use RISA etc only when closed formula lengths went past 8 lines of program ...

Anyway (sniff!) I'd like to get a new one.  I'm tempted to go back to the slide rule, but then I wouldn't be able to take my 10% uncertainty to my customary 8+ decimal places :^).  "Personal PC's" seem, at first sight to be a bit over the top for what I need, however, ....

I will stalk the internet, the local Future Shops etc., even the message archives, but if you have any advice, I am a willing listener.

Thanks.

Thor A. Tandy P.Eng MIPENZ
Victoria BC
Canada