Re: Favorite Calculator Bites the Dust

>My dearly beloved Casio FX-850 has finally gone to calculator heaven
>(taking everything with it!)  But I won't hold that against it.
When my HP-67 went west I ran through the the same thing. I ended up with
an HP-48G+. It is a beaut. A big issue with me is RPN, which is one
reason I stuck with HP. The programming capacity is first rate and the
capability to handle units conversion and a huge amount of algebra and
calculus including matrix operations. Programming can be as simple as
do-what-I-do keystroke capture to some pretty elegant structured
programming. I don't use all that stuff all the time, but I've used it
enough so that it's not wasted. The hooker is that HP has stopped making
calculators, so you have to find them on the web. It isn't difficult. I
found one (I have two) at the University bookstore which gave me a
friendly price becaause they'd lost the docs. If these two last as long
as my HP-67, I won't have to buy another until I'm 104.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw