Re: NFPA 5000 Backdoor

The City of Phoenix is in the process of implementing the NFPA 5000 Code.
There was a considerable push from P.I.P.E. (the pipe trades people).  I do not
understand how or why the unions would want one code over another.  I have not
been able to get an answer to this question even from the union people nor
have I seen any evidence that the NFPA codes will make buildings any safer,
easier to design or build or are more economical that the UBC (or I codes).

Anyone have any answers.

Mel Slaysman