Plan Irregularity Type 5

I am engineering a wood framed building which has an exterior wall at about a 30 degree angle to the Y-Y axis, and therefore has a Plan Irregularity Type 5 of Table 16-M, (’97 UBC). Table 16-M refers to Section 1633.1 requirements for the lateral design and the option of adding 30% of the design forces in the opposite direction “seems” straight forward enough, but I don’t know how to apply the “SRSS” method as an option. Can anyone explain how the “SRSS” method is used or refer me to some design examples?

Thanks in advance.

Larry Hauer, SE