Re: Residential Roadway over Culvert

Bill,

Assuming this is a new design and the culvert is more than just a small diameter metal pipe I would just follow the CALTRANS Standards and don't look back.  For CALTRAN Standards see the following web site:

http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/esc/oe/project_plans/

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
ABS Consulting

"Bill Allen" <T.W.Allen(--nospam--at)cox.net>

07/08/2003 12:37 PM

Please respond to
<seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>

<seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
cc
Subject
Residential Roadway over Culvert

I'm meeting with a client (geotechnical engineer) this afternoon to
discuss a project consisting of several site retaining walls and a
residential road over a culvert.

Any suggestions with regards to methodology and standards for the design
of the culvert? I have to put together a budget and I'm suspecting
(hoping?) that I don't have to do much wheel reinventing.

TIA,

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E. (CA #2607)
V/F (949) 248-8588
San Juan Capistrano, CA