Re: Mom. Inertia for Concrete

FEMA 356.

I thought I remembered that there was a recommendation of using a percent
of the gross moment of inertia when running a computer analysis of a
concrete frame.  My memory has it at 0.70 Ig for columns and either 0.5Ig
or 0.35Ig for beams.  I can't find it in the ACI code.  Is there such a
provision?  If so, where is it?

Thanks.

Rich

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!