From: richard lewis [mailto:rlewistx(--nospam--at)juno.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2003 2:43 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Mom. Inertia for Concrete

I thought I remembered that there was a recommendation of using a percent of
the gross moment of inertia when running a computer analysis of a concrete
frame.  My memory has it at 0.70 Ig for columns and either 0.5Ig or 0.35Ig
for beams.  I can't find it in the ACI code.  Is there such a provision?  If
so, where is it?

Thanks.

Rich

The best thing to hit the internet in years - Juno SpeedBand! Surf the web
up to FIVE TIMES FASTER! Only $14.95/ month - visit www.juno.com to sign up
today!