RE: Mom. Inertia for Concrete

ACI R10.11.1 uses 35% for beams.

FEMA uses 50% for beams and 50% for walls.

-----Original Message-----
From: richard lewis [mailto:rlewistx(--nospam--at)juno.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2003 1:43 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Mom. Inertia for Concrete

I thought I remembered that there was a recommendation of using a
percent
of the gross moment of inertia when running a computer analysis of a
concrete frame.  My memory has it at 0.70 Ig for columns and either
0.5Ig
or 0.35Ig for beams.  I can't find it in the ACI code.  Is there such a
provision?  If so, where is it?

Thanks.

Rich

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!