Re: French drain installation

The way I see this, is,,,, the newspaper will catch a
fair amount of the "fines", keeping the fines out of
the pipe. For all the dirt/material involved in the
backfilling process is "brand new", has not had a
chance to age, so to speak. Or, kindof like the lint
trap in a clothes dryer. Daylight, in my mind , the
Home is tucked into a hillside(slope), Drain pipe is
installed on three side, Then, on the down hill side,
if Pipe is run Level, it will eventually be above
ground, and catching a few rays of Daylight. For me,
this is important, for it gives the Homeowner, or
somebody, an actual visual if the darn thing, is
either plugged, or running water out. Note; I forgot
to mention the end of the pipe should have some
Hardware Cloth, installed to act as a screen, to keep
the animals out
--- Andy Richardson <arichardson(--nospam--at)IngeniumUSA.com>