Sealing of As-Builts

Title: Message
Hello

Rumor has it in the City that we do a large amount of work for will start requiring the "as built" drawings to be sealed/certified.  Any where else require this?  Personally there is no way I would seal an as built drawing since the work was not under my "direct" supervision.    I could see requiring a surveyor to certify as built locations on elbows/valves/etc.  However that is a big difference in sealing the as builts for a pump station.  What is the general consensus on this practice? Anything in the PE law that we could use against this (reading the GA one now if I find anything will let you know)?

Mike