From: Mike Zaitz [mailto:mzaitz(--nospam--at)hgbd.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2003 08:10
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Sealing of As-Builts

Hello

Rumor has it in the City that we do a large amount of work for will start
requiring the "as built" drawings to be sealed/certified.  Any where else
require this?  Personally there is no way I would seal an as built drawing
since the work was not under my "direct" supervision.    I could see
requiring a surveyor to certify as built locations on elbows/valves/etc.
However that is a big difference in sealing the as builts for a pump
station.  What is the general consensus on this practice? Anything in the PE
law that we could use against this (reading the GA one now if I find
anything will let you know)?

Mike