stress decrease- FBC

Rick and others:

Just to clarify, the Florida Building Code 2001 revised Section 1609.4.3
basically only allows a stress increase for masonry, wood, and hurricane
protection shudders and panels (I suppose since they are usually made of
wood and connected to wood or masonry).

So this effects any connections governed by steel bolts, roof ties and
straps, light gage steel, anything you can think of not mentioned above.
Simpson has already come out with amended tables and modifed connections.
But as far as I know this is only a FBC thing, so if you do not do work in
the peninsula, you all can go back to being frustrated by seismic codes  :)

andrew