From: Mike Zaitz [mailto:mzaitz(--nospam--at)hgbd.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2003 6:10 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Sealing of As-Builts

Hello

Rumor has it in the City that we do a large amount of work for will start requiring the "as built" drawings to be sealed/certified.  Any where else require this?  Personally there is no way I would seal an as built drawing since the work was not under my "direct" supervision.    I could see requiring a surveyor to certify as built locations on elbows/valves/etc.  However that is a big difference in sealing the as builts for a pump station.  What is the general consensus on this practice? Anything in the PE law that we could use against this (reading the GA one now if I find anything will let you know)?

Mike