From: Jenkins Engineering, Inc. [mailto:jei(--nospam--at)netbci.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2003 7:11 AM
To: seaint
Subject: Elevated Structural Floor Slab Jointing

Greetings and Salutations:

I run into this situation about once every blue moon…..and the clock is ticking…..

I have an elevated structural one-way floor slab supported by concrete beams. The slab has been designed as a continuous members and currently has bottom steel at mid-span and top steel over the supports. The slab dimensions are about 66’ x 71’.

Two Questions….

Do I place construction joints in the slab systems?

If so, where do I put the joints?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks!

Bobby Jenkins, PE