Re: Sealing of As-Builts

Fellow engineers,

        If you're looking for a liability limiting statement for drawings and
other documents the following has been recommended by ENCON, which is the
insurance provider for design professionals in Canada.

"These documents are prepared solely for the use of the party with whom the
design professional has entered into a contract and there are no representations
of any kind made by the design professional to any party with whom the design
professional has not entered into a contract."

        This clause is expected to reduce exposure to damages by third parties
under contract law; but, of course, it will have no effect on tort liability.

Regards,

H. Daryl Richardson